Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Activity 2 + Bonus Activity - Week 1: Setting sail, Waka Ama

Dear Friend: It was awesome and scary at the same time. There was a lot of storms during the sail to the new land that we landed on recently, New Zealand. The water was as strong as if the there was a giant playing and splashing in the water. I was in the front of the canoe/waka and I wasn't scared one bit, well maybe. Our food got wet as soon as we got onto the water. so sooner or later, we started fish because we got hungry. We caught lots of fish. We've met lots of nice people who welcomed us into their homes and they even created houses for us. I'd reckon that this is the safest island we've been to other than the other islands. Well, see you later.

By Sam
_________________________________________________________________________________
I would like to be in a Waka ama race because it looks fun and a very competitive race. I also have my reasons that would stop me from joining this race. reason 1: I dream to play other sports that don't include water. Reason 2: I pretty bad with the water and I can't swim. I'm kind of scared whirlpools as well. So it's kind a of yes and no.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Sam, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. I am so pleased to see that you have started completing activities this summer. Great work and keep it up!

I have enjoyed reading your letter to your friend where you imagined that you were one of the first travellers to New Zealand. It's great how you spoke about the storms and how it made it difficult to sail. I love how you likened the water to a giant splashing. You write with such detail - it makes it fantastic to read. Keep up the brilliant work!

I appreciate your honest opinion about participating in the Waka Ama race. I like how you've said things you'd like about it as well as things that might prevent you from entering the race. It's great to see you weighing up the choice.

Do you play any other sports?

Looking forward to hearing from you Sam and I hope that you continue to blog throughout the summer.

Billy

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Sam,

My name is Aletheia and I am one of the students from Tamaki Primary School also doing the summer learning journey and is also finished the whole task.


I think you have did a very good job on writing down you letter to your friend which looks amazing and cool because how you add a lot of details to your letter to your friend.

I really enjoy reading your reason to would you go on the waka ama or not and it is kind or pretty good because how your like half and half with yes or no.

I think next time you should put down some photos to make it really pretty instead of just having words for your readers or people to see.

Cheers,
Aletheia!

Post a Comment